So my gaming buddy Chris and have decided to get into playing Saga so I asked for a viking warband and the rules for my birthday.
I just got around to getting some paint on the first four models. I used coat d’arms’s super shader on these for the first time and I’m quote happy with the results. I’m also quite happy with the bases -the concept was a rocky area in early winter, around the first snow. The snow flock I bought is a bit weird, but I think it gets the job done… I’m going to add the shields later.
I’ve been playing a lot of Kings of War lately with my friend and gaming partner Chris. I wanted a nice way of showing wounds accruing on units that was better than just putting dice by them, so have made these. The bases with built in counters are from Warbases. I’m pretty happy with how these have turned out, and there are more coming -a beer barrel springing a leak is in progress…
I just finished painting a test model for my human Dreadball team. I’m really happy with how he turned out. I’m going to use the team as practice for layering. I think the green worked well, but the silver needs a bit work (I drybrushed it, which I think was a mistake).
I’ve just finished the first model of my second Space Marine squad, 5 devastators with 4 missile launchers. I’ll probably add more bodies too. I’m happy with him, but he took longer than the tacticals.
This is my achievement for today: a finished squad. I used some of the new GW paints to base them up but will write more about that when I’m not as knackered. More pictures to come soon also.
I’ve just finished painting the first of the ships from my Prussian fleet for Dystopian Wars. I’m pretty happy with how it’s turned out. I went for kind of a Prussian blue, mostly using GW ‘enchanted blue’. Of course, I used plenty of brass as well, to fit in with the steampunk theme of the game. Anyhow, here are some pictures taken on my phone.